Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lizzie
Diskobox

GOdm this is so incrediably hard. at the moment....
10. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - Smashing Pumpkins. The name says it all, best album to listen to when your depressed or whatnot. I dunno, i just really love it

9. The Jimi Hendrix Experinece Greates Hits. No, it's not an actuall album, but it has all their best songs, and it blows me aways every time, amazing guitar.

8.Viva Hate - Morrisey. First I ever heard of Morrissey, even before I heard of the Smiths, and it's still my favorite Morrissey album.

7.Bob Dylan Greatest Hits. No, not a real album again, but it still had all his greatest song, so I'll count it.

6.Ramomes - Ramones. First Ramones album I ever bought, and defiantly their best ever. Really got me into punk rock and all.

5.Wind In The Wires - Patrick Wolf. I belive this was the first album I heard from him, although I sadly have yet to buy the actuall CD. It killed all my predjuces against electronica/pop music, and opened my mind up a bit (I would have never dreamed of listeing to electronica before that album) and then I fell in love with Patrick Wolf as well

4.London Calling - The Clash. Greatest punk rock album ever. Period. Inspired me sooo much, it never ever seems to get old or boring, Absolutly amazing

3.Dookie - Green Day. I fell in love with this band after I got this album (years after it came out) First album I ever bought with my own, and was the first band I actually liked on my own, even though i absolutly despise them now.

and tied for first are....

Up The Bracket - The Libertines. One of my all-time favorite albums from one of my favorite bands. I loved the lyrics and the guitar melodies, and simplisticness of it, and then I fell in love with Pete Doherty
or
Im Wide Awake, It's morning - Bright Eyes. Simply for the songs Lua, Land Locked Blues, and Poison oak, which are all so simple, and yet beautiful, and lyrically amazing and inspriring.