Music Banter - View Single Post - The White Stripes : Icky Thump
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I don't understand all the hype surrounding the white stripes. I understand they mixed blues and other forms of root music with rock (now thats original) and made it catchy but so what? It seems like with every new stripes album critics jump all over them and go on about it being the greatest rock record of the year and the greatest album of their career. From the NME to SPIN to every amazon review/forum it seems like everyone loved this record and thought it was so great and blah blah blah. To me it just sounded like a standard White Stripes album. They mixed hard rock blues, country and other things, not too adventurous or original.. I don't hate this or love this, like every other Stripes album I'm pretty indifferent towards it, but all the people who hype them death bug me because they're really not all that.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote