Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 02:18 PM   #80 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

FRANK ZAPPA-ONE SIZE FITS ALL

There is some amazing stuff going on in this album and it features one of Zappa's best line up's. INCA ROADS and FLORENTINE POGEN are standouts. Awesome guitar work, Whacked out rythmn parts and trademark witty vocals combine for another superlative Zappa release.

THE DOORS-OTHER VOICES

The first album post Morrison and you have to question why they carried on without him without a change of band name. The reason why I say this is because there are some genuinely great moments on this album proving that there were good songwriters to stand up on their own, although it starts to run out of ideas towards the end.

BOB DYLAN-HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED

I am not a huge Dylan fan and I feel slightly embarassed that my favourite album of his is the album a lot of other people choose as well. I'm not following a crowd honestly! From the opening snare drop of LIKE A ROLLING STONE through the sublime blues crawl of BALLAD OF A THIN MAN, it's a perfect representation of the angry young Dylan.

FREESTYLERS-ADVENTURES IN FREESTYLE

One of my favourite dance duos who take in all styles from breakbeat to reggae, drum and bass to techno pounders. Always working with unknown vocalists lends ther music more authenticity than a lot of mainstream dance duos, yet there music sounds exceellent played loud and always remains fun, fun, fun!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote