Music Banter - View Single Post - The N Word
Thread: The N Word
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearmint
I talk to black people...and to call them ******s or "niggas" is still wrong seeing as it is racism. I mean if you call your friends a ******, strictly on a joke basis or whatever thats fair do's, as long as they're ok with it. to do it to just anyone is completely worng especially if you do not know them...I find it silly cause black people don't call us stupid names (or me anyway) it's stupid to discriminate people because of they're skin tone! a black friends should be the same (or a random black person and a random white person for that matter) to you!!!! I see it as in life there are people who are nice...and I like them and there are people that are not nice (for lack of a better word) and I don't like them! nothing else

you do realize that black people dont use "nigga" in a racial context, neither do I. You're thinking of "******", which is what bigot f*cks use as a racial slur. To me, "yo nigga" is the hip hop equivalent of "yo dude" or "hey man". There's no racial context to it, unless YOU make it out that way.
Oh and btw, black people do have a "stupid" name for white people, it's called honky, or cracker, or frosted mini-wheat, or knapkin.