Music Banter - View Single Post - The Mars Volta : The Bedlam in Goliath
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
I don't see where I cracked any kind of joke, but thank you.

Nobody cares? Really? Did I miss an MB meeting? When were you elected spokesperson? Maybe we should set up a poll in The Lounge, eh?

I've been discussing things in this thread just as much, if not more than anyone else has. Scroll up; you'll see I've more posts in here than the one you're replying to. And even if that were my only post in here, technically, it was still "discussion". I obviously felt that your comment was so radically imbecilic as to find it humourous/amusing, and thus a disagreement was implied. "Discussion" enough for you?

We get it, by the way. You don't like them. And I think it's safe to say we don't like you. Fack off already.
It is true that nobody cares about some smarta$s comment you make on the internet. Everything in your manner is simply that of the angry pseudointellectual kid with an axe to grind. Put things in perspective: this is a music forum, for bloody hell's sake. If I make a comment about a band, respond to the comment with something intelligent. I don't care for your "rofl loz that's so imbecilic i cant even respond loz" (which is what it amounts to), and nobody else with half a brain does either. Act like you would in real life. And, the lounge? Hell, I'm not interested in any web popularity contest! I'm here to discuss music! Get it? Not to have idiotic arguments with angry kids. Show some dignity, and respect for the point that you're talking to real human beings.

Onto the Mars Volta: I really find little of interest on this record and find it, frankly, all over the place. I would argue that Frances the Mute is considerably more cohesive and creatively accomplished than this. I still will give it the courtesy of a few more listens, but at the present moment I don't see that my opinion will be shifting any time soon.

Which tracks did people find they liked the most, and the least?