Music Banter - View Single Post - Santigold
Thread: Santigold
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
that one dude
Music Addict

Default Santigold

MySpace.com - Santogold - BROOKLYN, New York - New Wave / Dub / Psychobilly - www.myspace.com/santogold

I love this chick. Santi White (aka Santogold) has been compared to M.I.A. (they're actually gal pals), but I think she goes beyond that. Alot of her stuff is more on the verge of new wave, especially on "L.E.S. Artistes", which is pure pop bliss! The M.I.A. comparisons are pretty relevant on "Creator", which was produced by Switch, who is responsible for most of the production on Kala. You can also find a guest appearance on Mark Ronson's "Version", where she does a fantastic rendition of The Jam's "Pretty Green". She also appeared on Spank Rock and Benny Blanco's EP "Bangers and Cash" on a track called "B.O.O.T.A.Y." (this song should be taken lightly, considering its ridiculous lyrical content). She has toured with Bjork and was actually handpicked by the woman herself for the opening act. She has also been working with Diplo on her debut, which should be out during the first quarter of this year.

"Creator" and "L.E.S. Artistes" are also available on itunes, finally.
Try to get your hands on the original version of "Shove It" as well (the Switch Remix on her myspace stands only sub-par).

Last edited by that one dude; 02-02-2008 at 02:15 PM.
that one dude is offline   Reply With Quote