Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Green Day Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #414 (permalink)
franscar
Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by I quite like music, me
Yes, i did politely ask to elaborate, which he didn't, although he did show good skills in avoiding the simplest question, of how Green Day's music is "derivative", which would strongly suggest he included this word because he liked the sound of it, and/or to sound clever, which indidently due to its misuse, he failed to achieve.

He wittily stated earlier that Green Day's music was purposeless and later went on to answer my 2nd question, which was what makes Green Day's music bland, by cunningly typing some dollar and pound signs at an vague attempt to imply Green Day produced American Idiot just for the money, which surely then, would make Green Day's music's purpose, to earn Green Day Money, would it not.

Hypocrisy aside, he didn't actually elaborate on any of my actual questions, but merely whacked a wild acussation in, that Green Day are only in it for the money which would mean a) he knows Green Day personally, or b) he's a complete and utter prick, who thinks everyone else in the world is as much of a philistine as he is. If he genuinely responds to this with "a)", i personally will skip backwards, stark naked around Siberia, with a tattoo on my head reading, "Siberians are scum, furthermore shoot me", whilst playing the banjo.
Green Day are lifeless, soulless copies of a multitude of bands often mentioned in this very forum. Take some time to familiarise yourself with the works of numerous acts that are mentioned in the punk forum of this very website, and you will notice that many of them contain a startling similarity to Green Day's output, the only difference is they created those records before I was even born. Green Day have never created a groundbreaking or innovative record, they have never pushed the boundaries even of mainstream popular music, they certainly haven't created anything that moves anyone over the age of 14 to pick up a guitar and actually SAY something. Apart from New Found Glory. Wow. Sterling effort there.

You are correct with one assertion, I am rather fond of the word derivative, it's a nice sounding word, as is phillistine which you so eloquently used to describe myself. I don't intend to justify that remark in any way, you seem well educated enough to realise the limited effect that a personal insult will have on a messageboard, although that might be a gross error on my part. To say that Green Day make you "jig with reckless abandon" makes me laugh. Out loud. Especially following your phillistine comments.

Oh, and by the way, how can I actually respond to "your questions" when you don't even use the correct punctuation in your post to show that you are actually asking a question? Dad.
franscar is offline   Reply With Quote