Music Banter - View Single Post - Bright Eyes "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning"
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
capybara
Groupie

Next is “Poison Oak”, it’s a slower song and Conors brain is ucked up so I have no idea what most of this is about, however the final line, is about Conor becoming happy when he plays music. "And when I press the keys it all gets reversed, the sound of loneliness makes me happier."

becoming happy when he plays music? did you even listen to the words?. the line is "the sound of loneliness makes me happier". do you really think this about music here? no. this is his art so there is no true way of deciphering completely, but i feel as though the line goes a little deeper than that. "i'm glad you got away, but i'm still stuck out here" to coincide with "the sound of loneliness makes me happier". the pain he's feeling is what is making him feel better. not the music, not anything. he's glad she got away, he's glad he's stuck in this hell, its a completely true and painful song and this review is short of what it portrays. or at least short of how beautiful it is. I'm not saying i did any justice in writing this, because i can't, the whole idea of a music review discussion is sort of unnerving to me, anyway. why do we need to figure this **** out anyway? its art, it either moves you, or it doesn't, and trying to figure out what connor is even trying to say is undoubtedly pointless. ever write a poem, and read it and it didn't make much sense but it made you feel what you wanted to feel?

nevermind. this is pointless. and i am the pot calling the kettle black.
happy listening.
capybara is offline   Reply With Quote