Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite TV Shows
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Might be a reason to start to watch it then. After all, I've recently rewatched all three series of Black Books. I even managed to find a download of 'Is It Bill Bailey?' but unfortunately its not very good at all.
Nice. My favourite episodes would have to be the one with Simon Pegg and the finale. From the last episode is one of my favourite TV scenes ever.

Bernard: You know, I am picking up a certain keenness from you about this party. There wouldn't be any other reason to go, would there?
Manny: Absolutely not. [Sheepish] Except there is a...girl.
Bernard: [Outraged] A what?!
Manny: Girl. She's gonna be there. I've met her once before and I was hoping to meet her again.
Fran: Well let's go then. We don't have to wait for Bernard.
Manny: Oh no, it has to be all three, because if I go with you and get talking to her then you'll be hovering, hovering, hovering and the girl gets awkward, awkward, awkward because she thinks you and I have a thing, thing, thing. But if all three of us go, then I can catch her eye and peel off natural, natural, natural. We need Bernard to get to my person.
Bernard: You know I don't approve of you seeing other girls - people! Who is she anyway, this so-called person?
Manny: Rowena. She's a friend of Anne's.
Bernard: Oh, I see. Roweeena. [He does a bizarre combination gang-sign and bicycle riding imitation] And what am I supposed to do when you're doing the Underpants Charleston with this insane blind tart?
Manny: Stop being so angry.
Bernard: I can't help being angry when I'm furious!
Manny: It's no big deal.
Bernard: Oh yeah, well before you move to the country to raise your bearded freak circus, tell me about her. What's she like? What are her prospects?
Manny: She's nice.
Bernard: Oh, she's 'nice'. She's -- Don't make me get sick into my own scorn. Does she play the viola? Does she embroider? Is she kind to the servants? I tell you what, we are going to this party, because I'm trying to picture this 'girl' who 'likes you' and all I can see is you in a dress.

Anyway... my favourite comedies are Black Adder, Black Books, League of Gentlemen, Scrubs, South Park, Sealab 2021, Fawlty Towers, Trailer Park Boys, The Office (UK), Simpsons, My Name Is Earl, Only Fools & Horses, Fresh Prince, Peep Show. My favourite 'other' shows are Pure Pwnage, Prison Break, Lost, 24, Weeds, Heroes, Stargate.

I'm currently getting into Porridge, Extras and Flight of the Conchords.