Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's greatest common factor
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #76 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Well you’ll note that I never said it dictated their taste. I even went so far as to say that I liked music from that era but didn’t see the use in going back and dropping a $20. I mean to be honest I don’t know what came out in 1982 just as you didn’t know that Aeroplane came out in ’96. But that’s not the point, and it wasn’t what I was saying.

Statistics alone, people are going to be less likely to buy anything roughly ten years before they have an awareness of music as something that’s engaging and 15 years before they join the workforce and can afford things for themselves.

People digress, and that happens on a regular basis, occasionally it saves a wasted thread, but we’re not talking about a digression, and I think it would be a stretch if I called it spam, because while it may fit the textual definition (may, not does) it doesn’t constitute spam in spirit. But to suggest that those albums, with all the metal-only heathens that populate the R&M forum, and the mainstream radio loving lounge lizards, tell me something honestly, did you think everyone here owned a built to spill album?