Music Banter - View Single Post - Delegates
Thread: Delegates
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
I just googled Obama lobbyists, and found an article in the Boston Globe that says specifically, Obama took from lobbyists, and yet for some reason, has chosen to attack Clinton on that topic.
That's weird that you would have found something supporting your argument on Obama's website. Politician's websites are usually the most slanderous of their own underhandedness.
Yeah there's something supporting it on his site because he isn't going to use them to work with his campaign. He was using them in help passing a bill (an issue that has nothing to do with his presidency.) I doubt Obama is as blind as Hillary anyway to think that lobbyists represent the working class of America, Hillary's been accepting money from them that article just says Obama's been dealing with them.

Quote:
You do realize, the winner from each party of these nominations will eventually battle each other in this big showdown called the *2008 presidential election* don't you? Let me put it in the form of a question. Would you vote for McCain over Clinton, if McCain won R's and Clinton won D's?
No and I never said I would either. I said out of the republicans I'd pick him.

Quote:
From my understanding, he dropped out of the race for nomination of electorate under the 2 major parties. He can still run as an independent. Even I can run.
He could but I doubt he will.

Quote:
She does. I'm aware that she appears as being fake sometimes, but you can't run a campaign by just stating facts. You have to glitz it up a bit, and do all kinds of fancy photo-ops. Al Gore found that out the hard way.
Can you please tell me how she has their interests at heart? I'm dying to hear this one because I've seen her as nothing more than a corporate whore.

Quote:
Her opinion on it changed the day that she found out, it was going to be a full-blown war. Like I stated earlier, she didn't know at the time that what she was voting on was the war. She only voted for the troops to go over and look for the WMD's. It's not the same thing as the war. Bush basically took that initial go-ahead, and then made it troop surge after troop surge until he made it the situation it is today. That's why everyone was so mad about the war, remember? Bush said we were going to look for WMD's, and then it turned out he had a different agenda altogether-to get the man who tried to murder his dad (Sadam) and now that we've got him, we continues to compound his mistakes by trying to make it look like he wasn't lying.
You're aware she still helped fund the war after that right?

Quote:
I pre-emptively made that comment in the previous post and responded to it, just so I wouldn't have to deal with it later. I already said, the 2 parties are the same, and if you already know that I think Obama and Clinton are the best candidates (I've already stated this many times, and I did so on the merit of their political ideas), then why should it matter to you that I think it's a plus that one is a minority, and one is a woman. It shouldn't
Because you keep going on about being anti-sexist and how we should elect her to get rid of sexism, you never said "Hey good thing ones a minority and one's a woman" until now. Besides if Hillary messes up all that's going to happen is its going to set woman in politics back 20 years, so it's not as great as you seem to think it is.

Quote:
My thinking is more down the line, where Hilary is going to get voted against in the actual presidential election by people who swear (it's not just because she's a woman, it's her, see the T.V. agh! She made an evil face!) I'm worried that all this B.S. propaganda is going to cost her the presidency, and it saddens me that some people won't even vote for her, because of such specious reasoning.
It's obviously not affecting her much right now.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote