Music Banter - View Single Post - Delegates
Thread: Delegates
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsed2lguy View Post
What the.......? A lobbyist is a lawyer who works for a huge corporation. Lobbyists have meetings with politicians, and persuade the politician to make laws that will greatly, greatly enhance their company's profit (usually in excess of millions of dollars annually). You seem to have confused lobbyist money with campaign donation money. There's nothing illegal or even immoral about accepting campaign donations.
I'm aware what a lobbyist is...and yeah I'm sure they just give her the money and they have no barring on whether or not she'll want to pass a certain law to help them.

Quote:
Yes, but most people don't vote for a republican and a democrat in the primaries. They pick the one candidate they want to win. I'm not even sure if it's legal to vote 2 candidates in the primaries.
I know that, this isn't voting though is it? It's a forum I was just stating who I'd pick out of the republican candidates.

Quote:
As Senator of New York, she had the people's interest at heart. She outlawed trans fat, this stuff that tastes good, but is extremely bad for you. It wasn't a very popular decision, but it was the right one. So even though she can be unpopular at times, she still cares about people.
Funny I didn't think she was the driving force behind the health board of new york, shows how much I know.

Quote:
I'll have to look into that. It may be true. I don't know.
edit: I just googled Hillary funded war, and the only info. I got was saying that Hillary voted against funding the war. Perhaps you could provide with me a link to your information.
Reconstruction funding. The members of the group would hold themselves and other countries to their past pledges to provide funding to Iraq and will encourage additional contributions to meet Iraq's extensive needs.

Quote:
Ditto for Obama. And, you claim we shouldn't vote her in just because she's a woman. Well, if things go wrong under her presidency, it shouldn't be blamed on the fact that she's a woman. If it was, that would be the stupid American public's fault, not mine.
Yeah we shouldn't vote for someone just because they're black or a woman.

Quote:
Like I said above, I'm not sure you can even vote for each party, so if that's the case, the people who really despise her most (Republicans) will really turn out the vote against her, come presidency time, at a time when Republicans voting outside their party is as likely as it has ever been right now.
I never said you could vote for both parties stop trying to put words in my mouth.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote