Music Banter - View Single Post - Delegates
Thread: Delegates
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I'm aware what a lobbyist is...and yeah I'm sure they just give her the money and they have no barring on whether or not she'll want to pass a certain law to help them.
Are you being sarcastic here.......? I can't really tell. It's not really accurate. The lobbyist would naturally wait for a law to be passed before they would give the candidate any money. Or they do a half up front/half later type deal. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm sure whatever money she accepts money from lobbyists is no different from the way Obama, McCain, or Huckabee do it. You're singling her out for some reason.

Quote:
I know that, this isn't voting though is it? It's a forum I was just stating who I'd pick out of the republican candidates.
That's understandable; I don't see any harm in being realistic, and looking ahead at some of the unwelcome possibilities.

Quote:
Funny I didn't think she was the driving force behind the health board of new york, shows how much I know.
I'm pretty sure she was the driving force behind that law. I'll have to look it up now.

Your title heading says it all. Reconstruction funding. Not war funding. Reconstruction funding. Everything on that page preceding that excerpt, outlined Hillary's plans for ending the war, and it clearly says after we bring the troops home, we plan on sending money to Iraq for 'reconstruction' *cough, cough*. Giving money to their government would be good, imagine it was upwards of $1 billion annually. That's still a lot better than the 10's of billions of dollars we're spending over there on the war right now. And the money would actually be going to a worthwhile cause.

Quote:
Yeah we shouldn't vote for someone just because they're black or a woman.
Basically, all the candidates are the same. Really, the one defining, outstanding characteristic is that the Democrats want to end the war. Individual states are the ones who have power over laws like abortion and gun laws, so the only other really big issues on which they might differentiate would be immigration, and economy It is believed that the current administration has already set forth plans for a 150 ft. wide, 2,000 mile long, 40 ft. tall wall, along the U.S. Mexico border, to be finished by 2025. We all know the economy is a big concern, so obviously the Democrats would be a better choice in my mind, without those 10's of billions of dollars going overseas, to stay here, and help with health care, and such. These are some other reasons I would want to vote Democrat, other than being black, or a woman.
Miltamec Soundsquinaez is offline   Reply With Quote