Music Banter - View Single Post - Mysterious Contraption
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
It looks to me like a centrifuge, which is a "contraption" that Separates different parts of a blood sample through centrifugal force. medical labs use them in the process of analyzing blood samples.

Thats pretty much it. But this one tests the blood also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://qbcdiagnostics.com/site/index.php?main_page=page&id=14
QBC Diagnostics Inc. announces the availability of the QBC STARâ„¢ Centrifugal Hematology System for performing in-office CBC testing. An innovative approach to CBC testing, the QBC STAR System employs advanced dry hematology technology, compared to alternate methods that employ bulky liquid reagents. All of the reagents needed to perform a CBC test with the QBC STAR System are contained in the QBC STAR Tube. After filling the tube with the blood sample, the clinician simply places it in the specially designed QBC STAR System and obtains the test results after the analysis is complete.

The QBC STAR System provides multiple benefits for in-office CBC testing. The benefits include eliminating liquid reagents and the liquid biohazard wastes they create, and eliminating the need for user calibration and routine maintenance. Unlike other hematology systems, the QBC STAR System is fully automated and so easy to operate that, with minimal training, non-technical personnel can operate it. The operator simply presents the sample, presses the START button and walks away while the system performs a fully automated CBC analysis.

The QBC STAR System measures nine important CBC hematological parameters from venous or capillary blood samples: hematocrit, hemoglobin, MCHC (mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration), platelet count, white blood cell count, granulocyte count and percentage, and lymphocyte/monocyte count and percentage. Clinical trials have demonstrated that the accuracy and precision of the QBC STAR System correlate well to accepted standard methods.

Also noteworthy is the QBC STAR System's exceptional reliability. Based on operational and failure data from clinical trials with both in-house and field instruments, the QBC STAR System has been projected to have a three-year Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) rate.

The QBC STAR Centrifugal Hematology System is extremely compact and portable measuring a small 16" x 16" for the entire self-contained unit. Installation time is less than thirty seconds. Just plug it in!
I want my points, house and most importantly my shoe.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote