Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #40 (permalink)
youcan'tseeme
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmada View Post
Good win by Vancouver, congrats __Les, leafs have won 4 of 5 but we are hopeless.

I think, if Rob Ramage is getting jail time, I do not know his sentence or if he has even been sentenced yet, Heatly should be in jail or just out of jail, after serving his time ( great player thought).
The reason Heatley isn't in jasil is because he wasn't driving drunk. This is coming from a Leafs fan, so don't think there is any bias, but he should be in jail at all. The entire notion of it is absurd, as it is with anyone. If two sober people get into a car and drive like mad, and crash and die, without injuring anyone, then hwat's the problem? They both new what they were doing, Snyder could've asked Heatley to slow down at anytime, or even tell him to let him out, but he didn't. the fact is they we're a couple kids goofing around. Sadly it cost Dan his life, but they both knew the possible consiquences of their actions, and used poor judgement.

It's sad it ended how it did, but they both responsible not just Heatley, therefore he shouldn't have any jailtime, nor should anyone in such a situation. Loose your license forever, sounds about right. If alchohol had been involved or they killed someone in another vehicle then yes I'd say jail time was required. But once again not under these sad circumstances.
youcan'tseeme is offline   Reply With Quote