Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello im new :)
Thread: Hello im new :)
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
Are you telling me that doesn't happen?

I think the point of MB is to communicate with people with other tastes in music. Learn about other genres and expand your tastes. Sitting around with a closed mind doesn't do much.

Iced isn't the one that first said he was interested in finding new music. Proggy is the one that said he needed a music makeover. More than anything, I was playing off of that. If you don't like metal, fine, don't like it. But you have no place discouraging anyone else from sampling it. I don't recall ever once saying anything about anyones taste in music being bad. I don't go around saying how bad something sucks. Keep an open mind, there might be something else that you are missing out on.
First off this has nothing to do with my or proggy's music tastes. Second your still not getting what either of us are saying. When showing someone new music, you dont just throw random stuff at them is our point. And this has nothing to do with metal, could be any genre.

Ex: If someone came here saying they love Electronic Music and wanted to learn some new music/bands you would START off recommending Jazz to them. Maybe first you would show them Trance, then Industrial Music, then Some Metal. See how it works, progress from one thing to another.

Ps. Neither of us are bashing your music taste Predator, i happen to like a good deal of Metal, just when recommending you don't want to overload the person with new stuff. Take it slow.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote