Music Banter - View Single Post - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
lucylamppost
I'm a figure of forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
So a band can't stick to a formula, they have to experiement with different sounds all the time?

Like GG Allin?

Bands aren’t suppose to stick to a formula that’s what makes a great band. A great band like the chilli peppers are evolving, they are showing how talented they are. They aren’t like most mediocre bands who put out the same crap over and over again. You can really see that with the chilli peppers you can see there growth with each cd they are great at everything so they do everything.

When I got this album I was kind of introduce to in the wrong way where I didn’t have much time on my hands to just really do nothing and listen to the full two albums. So I kind of picked my favourites and stuck with them. My first opinion was that they should of cut down the number of the songs on the album take the best from the best. And I think that was what they did and it was not a double cd it would of got much higher sales and reviews and it would me more recognized as a good album but now that I have had to to really listen to it I think it was a good thing that the chilli peppers made this a two disk. All the songs flow really well together but also show off the wide range of talent that the Chili peppers have.

Personal Favourites-

Hard to Concentrate – This song is so personal for the chilli peppers it shows and tells the story of Flea and Anthony Kiedi. Its beautiful with John’s soft guitar
Warlocks – I really like the Funk side in this song
Hump De Bump and Storm in a Tea Cup- Another great fun songs something the chilli Peppers are best for

lucylamppost is offline   Reply With Quote