Music Banter - View Single Post - Straylight Run "The Needles, The Space"
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
lucylamppost
I'm a figure of forgotten

I have to disagree with most of your review.
There new album eis anything but upbeat. They experiment and dive into using different instruments to create a fuller, richer sound than ever before but there lyrics are really depressing.

You can really tell the Straylight run has finally found there sound and are doing what they want. It seems like in all the albums leading up this one was them just struggling to find there voice and sound. You can really see that with “Soon We’ll Be Living In The Future.”

I really enjoyed Track 12 , it builds up to the last song “First Of The Century.” It really complements and makes the two songs really a set.

Who will Save us now is a personal favourite I really enjoy the lyrics in this song. Its really well written. John Nolan makes some really good points in this song.
As for John Nolan singing. I personally think he is a good singer him and his sister really harmonize. His voice is really strong in “How do I fix My head”

What I really like about this album it makes me question myself a lot and question the world as well as being really relatable strangely.

lucylamppost is offline   Reply With Quote