Music Banter - View Single Post - is it o.k to raise your babies punk?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
All_Nite_Dinah
Not Impressed

I think you have the right to raise your children any way you please. As well as you treat them humanley and take good care of them which Im sure you do.

But this question has gone through my head before when I've seen punk babies. And personally I dont think I am going to "raise my kid punk". I am a firm beloiever in letting people discover there own identity and not imposing roles on them, especially at an early age when its most important to assert your independence. I mean if you sent your kid to the third grade in an anal **** or discharge t not only are they going to be immedietly judged by there peers but also the faculty. This image is going to follow that kid around for the rest of there lives. And I dont think its entirley up to me what kind of person my kid should be. Naturaly I think parents have say in how there kids are raised but when you subject your child to lots of ridicule at an age where they dont know whats going on I disagree. Even as a baby its the same. The brain is a strange thing and so is raising a child, you never know what will be repressed or what will show up later in life. If your kid is wearing a sick boy baby shirt, and a mohawk and people dont pay any attention to him that will affect your child development for the rest of there life. baisically what it comes down to for me is that I want my kids to be independent and make there own desicions about there life and there music. Obviously they will be exposed to punk from me eventually as it is a very important part of my life but Id rather have them come to me then me impose it on them.

Keep in mind that these are all just my opinions, not true facts and I am not trying to offend or persecute anyone here. If you did take any offense I appologize as non was intended.

DEATH TO FALSE DUDES!
All_Nite_Dinah is offline   Reply With Quote