Music Banter - View Single Post - Son Of The Urban 100 : 2008 Version
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default Son Of The Urban 100 : 2008 Version

Right-Tracks little nod suggesting that an updated version of this planted a seed in my brain that seems to have grown & grown until I suddenly thought to myself "Why not , I need a break from kissing Mark E Smith's arse it'll be nice to write about some other bands for a change"

Also the Urban 100 that I posted here was my 2nd attempt , my first being written on some other community that has long since vanished 3 years previous to that one.
And now it's approaching 3 years since I started the one I did here so the time feels right to do it.

I will be making some changes with this one , most notably .....

* More than one album per artist
* I will also be including compilations , bootleg albums and live shows I have recordings of.
* The reviews won't be as structured as they were last time. On the last list as the countdown got nearer to number one the reviews got longer.Because the reviews for the top rated albums got covered so extensively in the original list i'll probably just give a brief overview stating why I've rated it higher or lower than last time.
* No albums by The Fall , they're in a class of their own and just as John Peel put all his Fall records separate from his record collection my Fall albums get their own thread. When I listen to The Fall I get into a kind of zone where only music by The Fall will do. I find it hard to listen to music by anybody else just because they have a habit of making all other music sound redundant. Therefore it would be unfair to include them here.
And it's because i've already written 2 reviews for Live At The Witch Trials on this forum , I couldn't face doing it AGAIN.

At some point I shall also cover the albums that got dropped on this list that were included in the original 100 and state why they got cut.

Now i'm off for a long think.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote