Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #162 (permalink)
tkpb938
Lvl 70 Troll Hunter

Okay, here I go. Wish me luck
1) Dir En Grey - Obscure
Though I don't often listen to them anymore, this band was absolutely critical to my musical evolution. They helped me really open my mind to different styles of music that I wasn't even aware of previously.

2) King Crimson - I Talk to The Wind
I wasn't really too familiar with King Crimson until recently, but they're a big influence on many bands that have in turn been a huge influence on me (tool, porcupine tree etc.)

3) The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun
I know, its cliche, but this song has truly been a big asset to me in getting through certain hard times.

4) Protest The Hero - Heretics and Killers
This band just throws everything into their music. The emotional charge in this song is crazy.

5) Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Simply one of the pest prog-rock bands out there right now, this song is one of my favorites by Porcupine Tree. This is the live version from their new album Warszawa.

6) Cold War Kids - We Used To Vacation
Another fairly recent entry into my musical repertoire, these guys are gradually slipping me into the indie scene.

7) Thrice - Red Sky
The finisher to their masterpiece concept album this song is haunting and a great way to end an album.

8) The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Who doesn't relate to this classic? Besides that, the pumpkins were also a huge influence on me during my early days of listening to music, and this song brings back many bitter-sweet memories.

9) John Lennon - Imagine
This song proves Lennon's genius, and will (hopefully) immortalize him, as I expect the the message will be pertinent to human kind for years to come.

10) Mindless Self Indulgence - 2 Hookers and An 8 Ball
The comic relief to my list

Edit*
Upload taken off...

Last edited by tkpb938; 02-20-2008 at 04:38 PM.
tkpb938 is offline   Reply With Quote