Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #117 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds "The Boatman's Call"

This is the only Nick Cave album I've heard and I think it's beautiful. The tone is very somber and usually it's just him, a piano and maybe a bass in there too. It kind of reminds me of some Magnetic Fields stuff (Busby Berkeley Dreams) and that's a very good thing. This album is beautiful in it's simplicity and honesty.
Favorites Songs: Into My Arms, People Ain't Good, (Are You) The One That I've Been Waiting For?

Pulp "Different Class"

This album is like, brilliant eccentric crazy beautiful pop full of lyrics about lovely things like meeting up in the year 2000 and standing there only in your underwear.
Favorite Songs: Disco 2000, F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E, Underwear, Common People

The Raveonettes "Whip It On"

I don't really know what to say about this eh. I had no idea who they were when I was going to see them the name just sounded familiar and I picked this up. It reminds me alot of Psychocandy but I like this better.
Favorite Songs: Veronica Fever, My Tornado, Chains

The Divine Comedy "A Short Album About Love"

Intimate, moody and very Scott Walker-esque I think this is my favorite Divine Comedy album though I've only heard three (this one, Regeneration and Casanova all of which I liked,) If... is a beautiful sentiment, though slightly creepy at times. This album is quickly becoming one of my favorites, I've listened to it before sleeping nearly every night this week.
Favorite Songs: If..., Timewatching, If I Were You (I'd Be Through With Me)
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote