Music Banter - View Single Post - Starting a Band
Thread: Starting a Band
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
AsherM
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostonstage135 View Post
If you want to focus on the live performance then my personal preference is this: If you're the main vocalist give up the guitar and focus on singing. My personal thought is that a singer that can run around with a mic in hand going from one end of the stage to the other and somone that is just mobile can bring more energy to the stage than somone stuck behind a mic stand with a guitar. Don't get me wrong, I've seen it done, just the majority of the time it's better when the singer can be mobile. Also since you're just now learning you would be so focused on getting chords right you would probably look awkward standing behind the stand staring at the neck of the guitar. That is painful to watch...
Lol yeah dude, it'll be a few years before I do anything in public. I'd rather give up lead vocals thn guitar though. I'm a good singer, so if I can train to the point where the notes come naturally to me and I don't have to stare at my guitar, I'll do both. It is a very real possibility that I might have to consider forfeiting one role for the other.

Thank you all for the advice.
AsherM is offline   Reply With Quote