Music Banter - View Single Post - Questions for conservatives
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Democrats aren't liberal, they just claim it to have a market which opposes that of the republicans. However, both parties are pretty much conservative.
I said nothing about democrats, and your right, democrates maintain a more liberal facade and tend to represent "liberal issues" for the sake of their electoral weight, but I am talking about liberalism being the mother of political correctness. the thing is, if we want freedom for ourselves individually, it doesn't work if we have no regard for the freedom of other people collectively, and America takes this concept to an extreme. It's a good thing, It just happens have some ridiculous by-products. Like I said, you have the 1st amendment right to say whatever you want to, but people will react in kind. Example, when Don Imus made that "racial slur" and got fired from whatever company. That company was just protecting their image by canning him. He was within his legal rights. the point is, say whatever you want about "so-and-so" being a "such-and-such", but be prepared for reaction.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote