Music Banter - View Single Post - The Mars Volta
Thread: The Mars Volta
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 02:55 AM   #66 (permalink)
David Frost
Music Addict

im sure the dudes from pantera have better things to do in their lives than walk around referring to themselves as "metalheads". and i really am interested, how old are you?

i have long hair stupid. so i dont even know where that comes into play. but the fact that you proudly state that you sit around and headbang all day kind of does nothing but supports my 13 year old "metalhead" stereotype theory.

you have already shown your complete musical ignorance in other posts about the hardcore genre. norma jean is NOT hardcore. sorry buddy. and as for metal being the most talented, i dissagree. metal is a talented genre in the art of guitar to an extent. however, creativity lacks gigantically in this genre. bands like the mars volta not only are more talented than 90% of the metal bands playing right now, but they are more creative than 100% of them. and as for it being the MOST talented genre, i have one thing to say... Jazz.

calling yourself a metalhead is sad. your not. thats the same as kids calling themselves emos. you are yourself, and you are not dictated by a musical genre. when you call yourself a metalhead you are essentially limiting your personality. and that is the purest form of immaturity

im not a moderator because im nice or because i sit around and delete bad posts all day. i was made a mod because of my knowledge of music, something that you obviously lack. so please, before you go and insult another amazing band like the mars volta, just be prepared to be attacked when you blantantly and openly set yourself up for it.

end rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
And to think that just because you are a citizen you deserve certain rights is ridiculous.
David Frost is offline   Reply With Quote