Music Banter - View Single Post - Questions for conservatives
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I can't think of a rational reason to outlaw marijuana and not alcohol. While both are mind altering drugs alcohol is actually far more dangerous while marijuana has medical benefits such as ease of pain, increase in appetite, and the surpressing of vomit. Marijuana realistically isn't a bad way to treat bulemia.
And funny you should mention that. Know who else doesn't agree with that? Libratarians, Aranchists, or Conservatives. Read something about William F Buckley and get back to me. Unless of course he's only a quasi-conservative or whatever the hell it is you use to save face.

Quote:
The first ammendment was made to protect unpopular speech, not popular speech. You have the right to choose if something offends you or not, but not the right to take away someone else's rights based on how offended something makes you. You can react to it, sure. I agree that you should be able to down talk any stance you want, and ridicule those who disagree with you. Make your point and if its convincing enough someone might change their stance or retract their statement. No government interaction necesary. We're all offended by some things and that is a good thing. Taking away individuality based on what offends you personally just isn't good (subjectively speaking of course) for society as a whole.

And not so you could hop on the public airwaves and be shocking because you're attention starved. it was politiclly motivated to give equality to people who were under the persecution of government rule. Not to throw Bologna at a strippers ass.

Quote:
In recent history I've not been censored.
Maybe we ought to ban you and make the damn thread more relevent.