Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #1210 (permalink)
Halfa
Allman Brothers Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post

What would you class as musical sense?
well....that was a poor way of phrasing it now that i actually think about it.
no...it was totally wrong. musical sense cant apply to what they do because i havent heard them do any covers....they've only written their own stuff

so i will revise my statement.
they suck because all they can do is wank on their friggin instruments. they wank and wank with their sweep picking and their scale runs and their tapping and their hammerons and their pulloffs and their shredding. and they dont do anything else. they dont broaden their horizons, they dont try other styles other than their own version of speed metal, and they dont try to connect with their audiences. as far as i can tell all their songs are about video games. The music lacks passion. thats why u can listen to a solo that is far slower and less shreddy and have it be even more exciting...because alll they can do is play fast.

the best shredders that i know of...such as Joe Satriani and John Petruci (cannot spell for crap), while they shred they have very very good phrasing.
in fact....just in general (excluding drummers), the best musicians tend to have very good phrasing and dont just play fast all the time. drummers...i'm not sure what their version of phrasing is......

besides. its repetetive as hell. its almsot as bad as panic at the disco.

Watch your step.