Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Well done for understanding what "rip-off" means!

Firstly, I never said they were similar to Nirvana. I said they had a small number of songs that ALMOST sound as if they could have been lost Cobain tracks. As for them being a Nirvana rip-off, not that I thought I'd ever have to EXPLAIN something so elementary, but the meaning is that they were TRYING to imitate Nirvana and to sound like them in every way. It was Gavin Rossdale's vision. His inspiration. His heart and soul.
You don't have to explain that to me. I never said I don't know what rip-off means. Also, I clearly stated that the guitars and vocals sound nothing alike. Bush heavy guitar riffs might be close, but the higher pitched, more subtle, transitional riffs are nothing like Nirvana, and can't really be compared to anything. If Gavin's sole purpose in life was to imitate Nirvana, then I doubt he would write Comedown. Let's look at the lyrics:
I don't want to come back down from this cloud,
it's taken me all this time to find out what I need,
Hardly sounds like Cobain.

Quote:
The point that you don't think it's filler doesn't change anything at all. It's totally listenable from start to finish... to you. Others think much of it is bland crud. And it is .
If you don't like it, then don't listen to it. I, personally like the albums from start to finish, and albums that you can put in, and don't have to skip one track on are nice, and extremely rare.

ON TOPIC OF TEN:

Why Go, Porch, Garden, and Wash are all work songs. "Release" is just dull.[/QUOTE]