Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands offering free album downloads
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I kind of think they have a point but I get this bitter vibe from them. Personally I'd be happy Radiohead did it even if I was doing it first, because I've never heard of this band and they could do this their whole career and no one would've cared and it probably wouldn't have changed anything. Now if a big named band like Radiohead does it it could start a very positive trend. I can understand why they'd be frustrated and angry about it though if people are going "Like Radiohead!" to them.

Also I want to note Radiohead made it 160kbps so it was higher quality than itunes but not album quality. I think it's kind of petty to get pissy about how Radiohead went about it, it's not like they ran around saying they were the first ones doing and they were so invented look at them. I mean other people did it but it's perfectly plausible that Radiohead had never even heard of these guys before.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote