Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands offering free album downloads
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

They're 160 kbps, which is better than itunes offers (128kbps) but it's not CD quality (which ranges from whatever you rip it too basically, I'm not sure what CD quality exactly is but the highest I can rip it to is 320kbps.) I mean I think it's pretty good quality, better than most free downloads. If you have a problem with the quality it's not like you had to pay for it. I think it's petty to bitch at Radiohead for their mp3 quality, lack of artwork and credits. I mean how much artwork do you include with a digital download? They had the main cover and as for credits I'm pretty sure Radiohead do everything themselves nowadays including production.

I'm also very sure Radiohead never claimed to be the first to do it. Now Pitchfork on the other hand hyped it ridiculously for months and we all know how their readers rehash every single thing they say.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote