Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #48 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
But they weren't even playing the same type of music, those 4 bands, were they? .....Nirvana were indie punk, Alice/Soundgarden were metal, and pearl jam had their roots in a classic rock oriented sound.

Also, the individual taste argument, while it might be true from a kinda post modernist perspective, it's pretty undesirable at the same time 'cos that means the tellytubby theme tune is as good as eine kleine nachtmusik...
In the 90s grunge decade, indie style of classification did not exist (correct me if I am wrong). I have never heard of the term indie/punk. Alice/Soundgarden were in the grunge/alternative category, along with Nirvana. You must know more about this decade of music than I do evidentally, because I do not confess at knowing everything there is to know about the industry. I thought that Pearl Jam was a grunge band also. I guess you learn something new everyday. Not to be sarcastic, but I believe that you classify music within your post modernist perspective & personal taste.