Music Banter - View Single Post - Biffy Clyro: Puzzle
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
mark1990celtic1888
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
ahhhh.....yet another horrid band
that looks like a nasty cut.

Biffy rule the roost of culture stained music, there determination and fanatical fanbase are hard to compare with any other indie band. what stuff do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Tom. View Post
I don't often argue with these sort of posts but c'mon, that was hardly good discussion. They were mentioned briefly, and without musical comparison so there isn't much reason to dismiss a review for the mention of a few bands - which, in my opinion, is shallow anyway because tastes can differ, Biffy Clyro could easily appeal to fans of stated bands as much as it could appeal to people who aren't fans of those bands.

I don't mean to offend or anything, but it just seems discouraging for a new member to post a review just to have it dismissed by such a comment. Sorry if I annoyed you with that tirade. Maybe I'm just nit-picky.

Anyway, on topic: I really like this album. At first I found them pretty bland, but then I watched them live and was impressed. Puzzle's a really good, intricate album, definitely one of my favourites of 2007.

Thanks for the helping hand Tom, at least you can spot potential in a band.