Music Banter - View Single Post - What Does Music Mean To You?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
monellia
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I think the way that people appreciate music has alot to do with whether they are more of a right-brained person or left brained person.....left brained people that listen to music tend to notice all the technicality that went into creating the piece and tear apart the lyrics to a point where it needs to make logical sense but right-brained people listen to lyrics and are able to interpret it in many different ways to the point where they can even get the original message that the artist themselves meant to put out there or the fact that the artist wanted it to be an opened ended message that can be viewed from different perspectives.
That's an interesting theory. I've oft pondered the differences in how people appreciate music, but I've always thought it to be more influenced by a person's upbringing and exposure to different avenues of the media. I suppose it boils down to the differences in how people appreciate anything, really. The whole left-brained right-brained thing ties in with one's psychological make-up, so it's probably most logical to attribute it to that.
monellia is offline   Reply With Quote