Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #668 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

People don't quite understand why I like horror films when I watch films by Almodavar, Bergman, Scorsese, Brakhage etc but why stick to one genre of movies. I absolutely detest pg 13 type of horror films. They have to be very gory or on the flip side very suggestive. Here's an example. Hostel. Christ that film really pissed me off. Eli roth claims that he has made the sickest movie ever. he takes us into a torture room then at the money shots the camera moves. either go all the way and show me you have the balls to put it on film or keep the camera outside of the room and suggest to the audience what is going on. There is one shot in the film where a guy is being wheeled around the torture factory and the guy (thus we) glimpse the various torture room,. That was much more horrifying.

i'm not into seeing violence for the sake of it though. It must have consequences and purposeful reasons (in the case of the protagonist at least) for me to appreciate it. Unless it's a zombie film of course, then I just want to see some chowing down!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote