Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #190 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

How delighted I was to get home, plug in and be greeted by a moon-based compilation. How did you have the patience to do this? It's actually helping my flu. Oh I just thought of a two-in-one! 'Bad Moon Rising' - Creedence and Sonic Youth?

1.Chuck Berry – Havana Moon
Legendary opener.

2.Dead Kennedys – Moon Over Marin
DK always had the best lyrics, and the singer wore washing-up gloves. Imagine that. Good tune, someone should do a compilation based on where all the hardcore bands went, musically, in the 80's.

3.Bauhaus – Honeymoon Croon
Best thing I've heard all day. Makes me want to watch that film about lesbian vampires featuring David Bowie.

4.Echo & The Bunnymen – The Killing Moon
Classic. Like regular Coke.

5.Big Star – Blue Moon
I've met far too many people who didn't know what a Big Star was.

6.Nick Drake – Pink Moon
In the UK Brad Pitt narrated a BBC radio documentary about Mr. Drake. I still don't have any albums, this must be rectified.

7.Bob Dylan – Moonshiner
Yeah but he doesn't have tits does he?

8.The Doors – Moonlight Drive
According to Wiki this song was partially responsible for bringing the Doors together, like aural glue. mmm.

9.Can – Moonshake
Need to get the remastered SACD of this, really. Each Can album of the Suzuki era has a different vibe and Future Days is just Can taking off into the stratosphere.

10.Chrome – Blood on the Moon
A slice of menacing post-punk instrumental doom.

11.Brian Eno / David Byrne – Moonlight in Glory
So this is what they broke up the Talking Heads for? Really ahead of it's time.

12.My Bloody Valentine – Moon Song
Where the hell is this track from? Like all the best MBV it feels like being smothered in your own dreams.

13.His Name is Alive – Blue Moon
A very 4AD-esque take on the original.

14.Cat Power – Moonshiner
Ah that's better, tits.

15.Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention – Concentration Moon
This is so good. Could pass for an R.Stevie Moore song...

16.Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – Moonlight in Vermont
This is what I signed up for with Beefheart really. It's those moments like at the end of this track where he really flexes his vocal muscles that send shivers down the spine. There seems to have been a backlash of people saying that Trout Mask is just ****, to them I say

17.Television – Marquee Moon
Hot ****. Still the best song on that album right?

18.Explosions in the Sky – The Moon is Down
Explosions in the Sky are useless to me, with my complete lack of musical subtlety. I own 'the Earth is not a cold dead place' and I hate them so much. Sorry. 'Hey man chill out and read a magazine, drink some coffee, it's all good' **** OFF

19.The Kronos Quartet – Half Wolf Dances Mad in Moonlight
This gave me the fear, but I loved it. Restored my faith in music after track 18. Apparently they've done a version of Marquee Moon...

20.Tod Dockstader – Two Moons of Quartermass, First Moon
Nothing like a bit of avant-garde electronica. I recommend Bruce Haack in this vein. Wasn't Quatermass a Philip K.**** thing?

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote