Music Banter - View Single Post - Immigration
Thread: Immigration
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #78 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Slightly off topic but still relevant. The three things all first world countries have are technological wealth, a strong medical field, and good crop resources. These three things create the most job opportunities and long term markets. So I theorize that if we want to actually help Mexicans in the long run, we'd be better off helping them in the technological and scientific fields, including medical. Simply by introducing genetically engineered crops it'd probably create a market boom and create new job opportunities. Now imagine what other sciences could bring and you'd have them doing well. For a country to succeed it needs to be up to date on the evergrowing markets, and those markets are rooted in science. Also, another financially stable country would help commerce and better global economy so it helps more than just the mexicans in a way.

So if honestly helping other people is what we want to do than I'd suggest offering them some of what keeps the top nations on top. If we want to fix immigration laws, I'd say be more lax about it. If we are to be the land of the free, as we often suggest, I'd say being more open to immigration would be a positive thing.

Also, I'd be up for spending 11 dollars to help a stranger.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote