Music Banter - View Single Post - I need to buy a guitar within the next few days: Which GIBSON?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Because Heavy Metal is the way little boys help themselves deal with the hormonal upheaval that causes them to hump their pillows in the middle of the night. Seriously, I love Metal to death (pun intended). I just know that Die-hard metal heads are the fundamentalists of the music world, so I feel the need to try to piss them off whenever I can.
Wow, thats pathetic.

As for threadstarter - Don't just look at gibsons. Particularly because their quality control is all over the place and you could very well end up with a total lemon unless you play hundreds and find a really good one.

Ibanez makes some most excellent guitars right now, they'd be my first choice.

Go down to your local shop and pick out some guitars you like the look of, regardless of brand, and play them. You may also be surprised at how good solid body guitars are for jazz, so don't just limit yourself to semi hollows like the 335.

For an example, my S2170FW is a solid body mahogany guitar, but its pretty much the most versatile guitar I've ever played, and jazz happens to be one of the places where it shines most
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote