Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #116 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

1. What modern convenience should never have been invented?
I agree with Wayfarer on this one... cellphones. Sure, they originally were genuinely quite useful for emergencies etc... now I hate them. What the hell happened to one person meeting another person in real life without a cellphone involved? I can't watch a movie or even an episode with my brother without him whipping out his cellphone every 30 seconds... sorry, but it ISN'T possible to watch Black Books effectively while using a cellphone, no matter what you think. It's as if cellphones parasitically leach from their owners and force them to lead double lives.

2. If you could exchange places with any person from history, no longer alive, who would you want to have been?
Frank Zappa comes to mind... I've always liked him, but lately I've been listening to nothing else.

3. If you could choose the very last thing you would see before you die, what would it be?

NZ thrashing England in the cricket... oh wait.

4. If you owned a store, what would you sell?
Music!

5. Do you judge people solely by their musical preferences?
I try not to... but I do think you can figure out some things about people from their musical tastes at times... but it is a flawed science. However, speculating upon possible traits and judgement are two different things, so I guess I don't.

6. It is more worthwhile and satisfying to improve the world or appreciate the world?
Appreciate the world. I already do it as I'm a bit hippyish at heart.

Because if there is improvement required in the world due to the negligence of humans, that means that my improvement once made would probably not be appreciated much. In fact it would most likely be destroyed. On the other hand, I'd like to think I contributed to the world in some way in my lifetime.