Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Retro Reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Laces Out Dan!
I love Puck

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang-36 Chamber

This is the debut album from the Wu Tang Clan released November 9th/93'.
The Wu Tang members on this album were GZA, RZA, Ghostface, Raekwon, Method Man, U God, Masta Killer, Inspectah Deck, and the good ol' Dirt McGirt. Enter The Wu Tang 36 Chamber is most definitely Wu Tang's most primal and rawest album they released as a group. For Meth, Raekwon, and ODB this was there first appearance in the rap game. This album has been noted as one of the most influential albums in hip hop history. The album went platinum in 95 and in 2003 Rolling Stone Magazine ranked it in the 500 Greatest Albums of all Time. This album for me particularly got me into Hip Hop. Its a super easy album to listen and get into. It had me searching for artists that had the same love for the genre of music. Wu Tang Clan didnt use hooks to sell their music. They used legit lyrics which in some cases were dirty, or talkin about the projects. Or sometimes, beautiful and profound. The minds behind Wu Tang are incredibly intelligent ones. When Wu Tang was first founded, RZA had so much confidence in the group that he promised them they would re-shape the hip hop game as it was. And that they did. Like I said before this album had me looking for real genuine hip hop...for me it was a gateway to a whole genre of music I didnt know existed. Thats why I chose this album to review for my Retro Album, its one of the most important albums I've ever had the chance to find.

Last edited by jackhammer; 03-10-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: upload in mod area only.
Laces Out Dan! is offline   Reply With Quote