Music Banter - View Single Post - Xbox 360 or PS3?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #137 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmada View Post
I have all three, and personally i like either the wii or 360. Ps3 is just, i cant even explain it, i have no desire to play it. and all the games that are worth buying for ps3 come out for 360 anyways (i know not all 90% or so). I have never heard of a 360 failing or what ever i know a lot of people with them and nobody has any problems. I also prefer xbox to ps2 , i just seems sony products in my house gather dust.
The failure is about 30%. It sucks, but its true. You get 3 red lights that flash and all you can do is turn it off and call Microsoft for repair. The good thing is that Microsoft voluntarily extended the original 1 year warranty to 3 years for hardware failures. Its a pain in the ass but if you call MS and tell them what happened they will send you a box to ship it back to them in. They say its about a 2-3 month turn around, but every one I know of that went in for repair was back in under a month. All is done at no cost and you get Live gold for I think 3 months for the hassle. A lot of people are saying that it isn't enough but when you consider Sony's support of the laser issue with PS2, I think MS is being pretty fair.
My Wii started having disk read errors after about 3 months so I called Nintendo about it. They offered to have me send it in for repair for free. I explained to them that the repair would take to long and we wouldn't have it back in time for Christmas so they threw out a few more options. Their repair center was about 200 miles from me and they could repair it in a couple hours. We headed up the Saturday before Christmas. I walked in to the repair center and told them what was going on, they looked up my name, took my Wii into a back room and came back out about 30 minutes later. They handed me a brand new Wii with all my saved games transfered, moved my shop account over so I could download everything again for free and gave me 3000 Wii points for free. Thats what I call support. Sure I could have taken it back to the store, but they were out of stock and I wouldn't have gotten my info transfered. The only thing that I think would have made it better would have been a tour of the VIP museum.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]