Music Banter - View Single Post - Peter Bjorn and John
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

With regard to which? I realize it doesn't apply for things like America which was all but trying to be niel young and predated the synthetic music by a couple of years but there is (at least in hind sight) not a lot of movement in there.

To me the music in most of those songs sounds like the "demo" button on your yamaha keyboard. I think thats the best I'm going to do to describe it. In my mind, it doesn't sound like a group of people are in there playing, it sounds like they set up a microphone at Best Buy and someone sang over those "demo" buttons.

Which is nothing to take away from it. I actually kinda dig the sound because its just slightly left of what is the norm, and I can tell something is off but I'm not sure what. Which I wish more music did.

It almost creates a sense of loss and melancholy without having to write lyrics as if it was that type of situation.

When I listen to Toms Dinner, or Young Folks it almost plays like the soundtrack to a film without sound, and this song is playing while they watch someone move through their daily life without interacting much beyond the required functions.

Am I making sense or is this gibberish?