Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Survey
Thread: Music Survey
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
monellia
Music Addict

Country of residence: Ireland

What is your favorite genre of music?
I refrain from applying genres to music as I feel it undermines music as an art. Art is subjective and so the appreciation of music should be an entirely personal experience. The use of genres instigates a public appreciation for music, rather than a personal one. Genres can also non-directly inhibit freedom of creativity as a lot of artists will subconsciously conform to the restrictions imposed by the category the public puts them into. Or summat.

Do listen to music when doing certain activities (ie. working out, or studying)?
(if so, please list the activity)

I listen to music when I'm walking or tidying or doing things that don't require me to concentrate.
Music is best appreciated/enjoyed when given full attention but that's just not practical so sometimes I listen to music when I'm on the comp.
I don't listen to music when doing homework or studying because I was told it would inhibit my performance in an exam situation in that I would need the music to remember what I had studied.
But ammm. I mostly like to listen to music in the dark, when I'm in bed and just about to go to sleep.

If you answered yes for the question above, then what kind of music do you find yourself listening to when performing the activity?
Ah nyesus. all sorts.
Sometimes I stick on lyric.fm when I'm tidying the kitchen because I don't usually have my own music in close proximity.

Do you find yourself listening to more of the 'music' in a song or the 'lyrics'?
Whatever field the particular artist best delivers

Do you feel that you are/can be emotionally affected by the songs you listen to?
Well yeh but I try to keep in mind that they're just songs

Do you have any strong memories that are attached to certain songs?
Yes... best not to disclose them here, though
monellia is offline   Reply With Quote