Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Were Better Than The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Ten Reasons Why the Smiths Were Better than Both the Rolling Stones and the Beatles.

1. Johnny Marr is actually the coolest guitar on the planet and he's played with The The and Modest Mouse.

2. Morrissey, the actual greatest frontman of all time.

3. Morrissey didn't need some slut on his arms to look cool or prove his manliness.

4. Did either of these pussy 60s bands ever sing a song like Handsome Devil? I think not.

5. The Smiths created that whole image of random people that weren't even them and slapping the name/album name on it later used by Belle & Sebastian. The Rolling Stones best album was some silly collage and the Beatles best album looked like some lame hippie gay orgy.

6. The Smiths never released a bad album and had the most timely break up ever. Neither band can lay claim to this.

7. Even dudes wanted to rip off Morrissey's shirt AND he played with flowers in his back pocket and still seemed so masculine. The Rolling Stones are like one giant wrinkle and the Beatles didn't even like touring.

8. Mike Joyce is a cooler name than Ringo Starr or Charlie Watts.

9. 9. Paul McCartney - The Frog Chorus, Mick Jagger - She`s The Boss, Morrissey - Seasick, Yet Still Docked. What's this? Two really awful songs and one beautiful one? What's this? Morrissey's released SEVERAL good solo albums?

10. Appearance wise...well

&

Vs

Yeah I think I know who I'd rather go see even if Marr isn't wearing his super badass shades.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote