Music Banter - View Single Post - Crystal Castles
Thread: Crystal Castles
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyat_thesix View Post
electro needs to get bigger in the states
Are you serious? It's probably bigger in LA alone than it is in all of Europe combined. You've got guys like Steve Aoki making this **** popular all over the place, and it seems like everyone and their mother is in love with Justice. I mean, just look at the Coachella lineup this year. They basically got the entire rosters of Modular, Ed Banger, and Institubes records, not to mention all the Indie/Dance groups they got like Hot Chip, etc. Compare that to the rest of the dance music on the lineup and it's obvious which genre is more popular. So, yeah, I’d say Electro House has basically taken over the US. Even without Coachella, I've had the chance to see MSTRKRFT, Crystal Castles, and Digitalism within recent months, so maybe this stuff isn't big in Boston, but it certainly is elsewhere. Last I checked Boston wasn't really a hotbed for dance music anyway.

Crystal Castles is ok. I really liked them when I first heard them ages ago, but it seems like the more they release the less I like them. I saw them live in October and they weren't really that good, either.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote