Music Banter - View Single Post - Vampire Weekend
Thread: Vampire Weekend
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Oh, not at all - course there are probably some like that. But really, I see no reason why the majority of fans would not be of the sort who simply enjoy it for it. Like I said, it's an enjoyable record for anybody who enjoys this sound and anything similar to it. I've played it to a few people who had no idea what or who VW are, and it was a hit with most (including my brother who doesn't follow music on the internet at all but likes indie pop). You talk as if it's some lump of crud, it isn't. It's not that great, but it's got plenty of good songs and hooks to keep seasoned music fans interested. Cripes, especially compared to most of the rubbish on the British indie circuit for example, it's not hard to see why some people would see this record as a godsend.
I'm not saying that lots of people don't like Vampire Weekend because they like the band, just that a lot of people also buy into the hype and the image.

Also, IMHO, it is a terrible album. Maybe not as bad as the majority of British indie at the moment, but then it's hard to reach that level of suck. Maybe some people should have higher standards?
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote