Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Talented Member of Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #46 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

cool man.
You know something, I just read something in a book I have and I have to take back what I said. Waters wrote most of DSOTM including the last half of the album including the guitar.
I take back what I said because something was niggling me and I checked bio's of the band and some video's I have.
Not doing down Gilmour but from what I read he behaved alot like a session player while waters wrote the licks and lyrics.
The court case found he was too unfair and only awarded to the others because they were 3 to one.
And also he was inspired by syd and some of syds works he had on paper.
He also spent most time in the studio with his ideas.
Considering he also was the talent with syd in the beginning I would say it was waters. I do agree with the previous about the wall been like a shrink session but it is still great and what floyd were about. I was wrong, I reckon waters is really pink floyd. He has been wronged and deserves credit.
cheers for that email.
believe me when you talk **** you get **** and I like it.
If I go making sweeping statements I expect to be slated and that is fun and cool and people up their game. I'll tell you one thing, I know nought about 99% of bands and music as I am dull and only listen to the old bands I always have and should listen to other stuff. But I do love the bands I talk about.

Last edited by ADELE; 03-24-2008 at 11:01 AM.
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote