Music Banter - View Single Post - Moby meets Classic Horror
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
the13thzen
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

The film has a soundtrack by the goth metal band Type O Negative. It helps that I don't mind a lot of their music. It works quite well actually.

I personally don't think the track worked but it shows initative. Keep them coming.
That sounds familiar; I'm not positive but I may have seen a part of that on Stage6 before it closed down. At one point they had about 3 different versions on the site.

My favorite version (that I have since not been able to find) used different colors filters depending on the scene and the score was phenomenal and the most eerie I've ever heard or seen the film, especially compared to the American version on the site which was somewhat blurry (as you can see from my final video result) and the American score lacked the drama of the version I'm mentioning. The only bad thing was that it didn't have the translations of the German.

But back to my video, what kept the song "One of These Mornings" from working well with the video source, in your opinion? Upon first mixing the video and audio I was actually amazed how well they seemed to mesh. Your actually the first person who's said that the song flat-out does not have any compatibility with the film despite obvious connections between lyrics and film plot (as well as other ways I find them to blend well). Could your lack of relating to the video be because your apparent taste in goth metal as opposed to alternative/electronica/blues? What other reasons might you think other people find them to not be complementary to one another?
the13thzen is offline   Reply With Quote