Music Banter - View Single Post - Moby meets Classic Horror
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
the13thzen
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
No I listen to absolutely everything musically and I know Moby's music. I think that lyrically it worked and although the tempo of the song fitted, I felt that it was still too upbeat and not in keeping with the films oppressive nature. I am a huge film fan too and I am really into how music affects a scene. I don't think it was awful. It could just be the fact that I am used to the Type O Negative version.

Check out Der Golem with the soundtrack by Tangerine Dream, one of my favourite bands and are one of the forerunners in Electronica.
I know what you mean about it contrasting with the original mood of the film and, in a very deliberate way, I meant for it too. In a way, I am desensitized to both source materials that I use for the video since I have loved them separately for so long. The way the video affects me is that it brings a new magic to both things and I feel the energy feed off of one another by introducing a new way to look at both. I feel the video introduces sympathy to Count Orlok, a feature that seemed to be noticeably absent in the original film. Likewise, Moby's song means more to me (in my desensitized state) when it is ripped out of the apparent context of lovers leaving one another and instead put into parallel with the strange events taking place in Nosferatu (when no parallels seem to be self-evident at first).

Thanks for the Electronica suggestion. I don't normally listen to much, but I'll be checking it out.
the13thzen is offline   Reply With Quote