Music Banter - View Single Post - Guillemots : Red
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

This cover reminds me of that one Nsync music video which brings me to my next point. Big Dog sounds like a Justin Timberlake song. Kriss Kross would be cool if it wasn't for the Muse-esque string thing they do, which seems to be the problem with quite a few tracks. They're good songs but theirs useless frills, Get Over It has those weird 90s sitcom keyboards in it in the chorus, totally unnecessary. There was some of this on their first album but on there it came across as charming and quirky here it seems pretentious and unnecessary.

I loved Through the Windowpane but this doesn't touch it at all. Where's the gentle coyness of Made Up Love Song #43 or intimacy of Redwings? This is too inconsistent and I can't help but be disappointed. I mean it's not like it's awful but compared to there first album it's just...not as good. Fyfe also needs to lay off the falsetto =/ I vote average.