Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #217 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Default The 10 Track Compilation Thread

so i've decided to make my own compilation thread,...if thats alright with you guys,...

i've chosen to put it in the section because,...well,...country folkie jam bandish, stuff is kinda my nitch,.....even though i'm sure some of my comps will include other things,.....

this first comp is a mixture of texas singer songwritters (which i thnk by now we all know i'm really into),....
it stuff that makes me think of growing up,....things i listened to in high school and college, and no matter what musical phase i'm in, i always come back to this stuff,......

so here's my first installment,..... do with it what you will

2shared - download standbys.zip

track listing,...

biloxi - jack ingram,....
jack's been around for awhile and recently has gained some nashville acclaim ,... for whatever thats worth,... this track is my favorite to see live

sangria wine - jerry jeff walker
you didnt think i'd have a texas comp without jerry jeff walker did you? the man is one of my all time fav artists,......and sangria wine puts me in a good mood no matter whats goin on around me

the ballad of the kingsman - todd snider,...
ok so he's not FROM texas,...but he's influenced alot of songwritters down here,.....and i love his witt

cooler-n-hell - ray wylie hubbard
best known for redneck mother,.....

a storm blew in - brandon rhyder
it was so hard for me to chose a rhyder track,......as i love pretty much everything he does,....
brandon has a lot of bravado in his voice and some people are turned off by it, but when i see or hear brandon, i feel everything he's feeling through his voice

dreadful selfish crime - robert earl keen
needs no explination in my opp

sunset boulevard - charlie robinson
while some may argue his brother bruce is the more prolific songwritter, charlie just does it for me,....and this song has always been a fav,....it take me back to riddin dirt roads, crammed in a truck, windows down, drinking stolen beer, and singin at the top of my lungs

it aint easy being me - chris knight
i think we all feel this way somedays

if i had a boat - lyle lovette,.....
i wish i could write songs like this

long black veil - stoney larue
one of my fav songs by one of my fav artists

remain - mike mcclure
so,.....he's alittle pitchy,....but the way he writes,....and the sound of his voice,....i really think mike mcclure could talk me into almost anything

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote